- Model : GM1901
- CPU : Snapdragon 845
- GSM band : 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
- CDMA : 800 / 1900 & TD-SCDMA
- HSDPA : HSDPA 800 / 850 / 900 / 1700(AWS) / 1800 / 1900 / 2100
- LTE band : 1(2100), 2(1900), 3(1800), 4(1700/2100), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 12(700), 13(700), 17(700), 18(800), 19(800), 20(800), 26(850), 28(700), 29(700), 32(1500), 34(2000), 38(2600), 39(1900), 40(2300), 41(2500)
There are a couple things have to prepare before starting installation process, please follow the guide step by step
- ADB and Fastboot
- adb and fastboot is the tools to unlock bootloader and install custom recovery. Download here and extract it on PC.
- Team Win Recovery Project custom recovery (TWRP)
- TWRP is the custom recovery that use for install Azenqos firmware and root. Download here
- Azenqos kernel
- This is the custom kernel that required to make the phone able to run Azenqos applications. Download the kernel file that match for devices model and software version from the link in supported version number above then copy to the phone.
Mostly new android phone bootloader is locked, follow the instruction below step by step to unlock it before start any installations process
- Open Settings app → About phone → tap on Build Number continuously 5 time until the toast You are now developer appear
- Back to first page of setting app and go to System → Developer options → enable OEM unlocking
- Turn the phone off. Then boot it into fastboot mode by holding volume up, volume down + power or select reboot to bootloader if advanced reboot is activated via developer options. The phone will display "fastboot" text indicating that it has successfully entered fastboot mode.
- Plug the phone into your PC, then open a command prompt window on the desktop and change location to adb folder (Shift + Right Click -> Open Command Window here) and type
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phones serial number shows up you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. In order for you to continue you must fix your drivers so that your phone is listed under fastboot devices.
- If the phone has been recognized by the command above, proceed to unlocking the bootloader with the following command:
fastboot oem unlock
To make sure the Azenqos apps run properly on the devices, use the compatible firmware version that mention in the spec above. If the device already run the supported version, this step can be skipped
- Download the software build for your device on this page. Please back up your data before flashing your device.
- Plug your phone into your computer and copy the downloaded .zip to your phone’s storage. If you’re using a Mac, you can install Android File Transfer for this operation.
- After the .zip file is copied to your phone, go to 'Settings' - 'system update', click the 'settings' icon on the top right corner, choose 'Local upgrade', find the .zip file and click on 'Install' to confirm.
- The update takes about a minute (depending upon the file size), once done reboot your device to boot into the latest Oxygen OS.
Install Azenqos firmware
- Boot the phone to fastboot mode again
- Open command prompt on PC and cd to adb folder
- Use the following command to install TWRP
fastboot flash boot <path\to\twrp-xxxxx.img>
*change<path\to\twrp-xxxxx.img> to full locations of twrp.img (e.g. C:\User\adb\twrp-xxxxx.img)
- When it said “FINISHED”, use the volume key on the phone to change boot options and select “Recovery” then press the Power button to select, the phone will boot to TWRP mode (This is temporary boot to TWRP only, if you have to boot to TWRP again, repeat this process)
- When the device is in TWRP mode, go to Install menu and select Azenqos kernel file. If there are no file in /sdcard when select INSTALL, you can copy it again using adb command below
adb push /path/to/file/AZQ_KERNEL_xxx.zip /sdcard
- Swipe to Install Azenqos kernel file
- When the message on the screen say Done. go back to the first page then go to Wipe → Format data → type Yes and enter
- The phone will erase all the data (took about 5-10 sec), when it say Done. Select Reboot system
- If the installation was done correctly, kernel version must be 4.14.83-Azenqos (check by going to Settings app → About phone → Android version → Kernel version)
- The devices are now ready to install Azenqos application